In this unit the group visits an oil refinery.On the way there they have a little problem with the car.
在这个单元,访问团参观炼油厂,在路上,他们的汽车出了点小毛病。
DAVID: The refinery is down the road a few miles, They"re expecting us.
再开几英里就到炼油厂了,那里的人正在等着我们呢。
LING: It almost feels like spring.
这天气和春天差不多。
FU: Another chinook?
奇努克又来了吗?
DAVID: No, this time it"s the real things!
不是,这回是真的春天来了。
FU:I was starting to believe Canadian winters went on forever.
我刚才都开始觉得加拿大的冬季没玩没了了呢。
DAVID: Give us a break, Fu, It is the end of March.
浮,饶了我们吧,现在已经是3月末了。
CHUN: Did you feel that?
你们感觉到了吗?
FU:What?
感觉什么?
CHUN: The car. It seems to be pulling to the right.
这车好象在朝右侧跑偏似的。
DAVID: It is, isn"t it.
是在朝右偏,是吧?
CHUN: Is anything the matter?
有关系吗?
DAVID:One of the front tires may need a little air. that"s all.
顶多是前面的一个车胎需要补点气。
CHUN:There ... it"s doing it again.
看...有跑偏了。
DAVID:Look, we"re nearly out of gas, I was going to pull in to the next station. I"ll get them to check the tires.
看,我们快没油了,我把车开到下一个加油站去,我让他们查看轮胎。
CHUN: I see one just up ahead.
我看到一个加油站就在前面。
LING:We wouldn"t want to run out of gas here in oil country.
在这个产油国家我们不会吧汽油用得光光的吧。
ATTENDANT: Hi there, What"ll it be?
你们好,需要什么?
DAVID: Could you fill it up and check the oil, please?
请把油箱加满,再查查机油。
ATTENDENT: Sure thing.
当然了。
DAVID: Oh,yes, and could you take a look at the front tires, One of them may need a little air.
噢,对了,你再给我看看前胎,有一个可能需要补点气。
ATTENDANT: No problem.
没问题。
注意:Give us a break的翻译:
Give me a Break.
饶了我吧
Come on; give me a Break on this.
别这样,你就让点价吧
He graduated with honor from the university? Give me a break.
他以优异的成绩大学毕业了?得了吧!
She break off a piece of chocolate and give it to me.
她掰下一块巧克力给我。
Don"t give me just a total of your expenses, break them down according to transportation, food, and so forth
不要只告诉我你花费的总数,把你的车资膳费等分别列表。